Five crypto projects to watch in 2019
Any investment requires thorough due diligence, but analyzing a project isn't always easy. Crypto investors have to assess projects based on the core fundamentals that are available, such as the team, the target market and progress being made.
At Liquid, we are ecstatic to work with crypto startups that are flying high in 2019 and exceeding expectations. Here are five projects we’re watching closely.
GET, or Guaranteed Entrance Token, is a smart ticketing solution that does away with everything you hate about buying event tickets.
Whenever you try to purchase tickets to a concert, comedy event or any other kind of show, if you aren’t fast enough they get sold out and you have to pay a ridiculous markup to ticket resellers. Using blockchain, GET have solved this problem.
The GET Protocol team continues to move forward, with consistent technology, partnership and other news being released on their Medium every month.
Here are a few highlights:
- Holland's most popular comedian used Get Protocol with great success for a recent 36 show comedy tour
- A second ticketing company, ITIX, has adopted Get Protocol
- Received approval from the Dutch Police as a safe platform for ticket purchasing and avoiding fraud
Startups are the birthplace of innovation. Hungry, talented entrepreneurs take a risk to ditch the status quo and pursue their passion.
RedFox is an incubator in Southeast Asia that recognizes the innovative power of a startup. The team scouts for new talent and innovation to help businesses scale and make use of blockchain technology.
Here’s what RedFOX is up to:
- Strategic partnership with Hacken, a cyber-security firm, further strengthening security on top of utilizing Komodo’s highly secure dPoW consensus mechanism.
- Joined forces with leading boutique consulting company Kinetic Consulting Services to bring blockchain business solutions to the UAE and MENA region.
- Scoring the first big win as a blockchain venture builder: Zaddex, a product of RedFOX’s incubation has launched a blockchain venture.
Securities lending is a huge business in traditional finance, so it only makes sense that it would translate perfectly to crypto. Lendingblock is a company making that happen, bringing securities lending into the cryptocurrency economy.
Lendingblock is built for institutional needs, allowing big financial players to generate higher yields, among other things, through a lending exchange. The LND token plays an integral role in the platform.
What’s Lendingblock doing?
- Recent partnership with institutional crypto trading platform Caspian
- Full platform launch planned for Q3 2019
- Chainalysis Partnered with Lendingblock to implement anti-money laundering technology in anticipation for upcoming regulatory advancements
- Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) officially classified Lendingblock as a Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) provider.
Adoption is the next step along the path to a tokenized future. What better way to spur adoption than to make it simple to spend your crypto anywhere that accepts Visa cards? That’s what Crypto.com has done.
The MCO Visa card lets you pay with your crypto. Not just that, you can use the accompanying app to invest, trade and earn interest.
Here’s some of the progress of Crypto.com:
- Back in October 2018, the first MCO cards began to ship, starting in Singapore
- MCO was one of the first crypto companies to achieve ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification
- MCO cards have begun shipping in the US
Are you ready in the USA🇺🇸? The #MCOVisaCard is shipping💳. Post a photo/video of your card unboxing, tag it with #GotMCO and you could get 50 MCO in your wallet💰. The top 3 posts (by retweets) in July win.🎉 pic.twitter.com/6yhIfLqvYR— Crypto.com (@cryptocom) July 15, 2019
Enjin is a blockchain platform built for the gaming industry. The Enjin Platform is a blockchain platform that enables anyone to make blockchain games without having to do any of the tricky stuff, like building and maintaining any blockchain infrastructure or writing any blockchain-related code.
The Enjin coin removes the silos traditional games are creating with in game economies by connecting all compatible games within one ecosystem.
Take a peek at Enjin’s progress:
This content is not financial advice and should not form the basis of any financial investment decisions nor be seen as a recommendation to buy or sell any good or product. Trading cryptocurrency is complex and comes with a high risk of losing money, particularly if you trade on leverage. You should carefully consider whether trading cryptocurrencies is right for you and take the time to learn how trading works and decide how much money you are prepared to lose.
Providing liquidity for the crypto economy.