Blog > Listings > Articles
New Listing: Metacoin (MTC)
Table of Contents
Metacoin (MTC), the world’s first hyperledger-based token, is now live for trading on Liquid.
What is Metacoin?
The Metacoin team believe cryptocurrencies have a number of fundamental issues that are preventing the expansion of the blockchain ecosystem, such as limited scalability and poor security. As a result, Metacoin is focused on solving what are believed to be the fundamental issues of cryptocurrency.
Metacoin was released as a mainnet platform in 2018 and was the first commercialised mainnet Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Fabric.
Hyperledger is an open source collaborative effort created to advance cross-industry blockchain technologies. It is a global collaboration that includes leaders in finance, banking, Internet of Things, supply chains, manufacturing and Technology hosted by the Linux Foundation.
Hyperledger Fabric currently supports distributed ledger solutions for a wide range of industries and maximises the confidentiality, resilience and flexibility of blockchain solutions through its modular architecture.
The Metacoin network
The Metacoin ecosystem already has several useful services and dapps. Let’s take a look.
- ‘Issue token’ - a tool that anyone can use to easily publish tokens on the Metacoin platform.
- A Metcacoin (MTC) wallet
- A Metacoin block explorer
- Play bits - a powerful blockchain gaming platform,
- Coldbank - a custodian service that aims to provide a high level of security on IBM’s LinuxONE
- Autosdaq - an exchange that seeks to create an ecosystem where mobility-related products and services can be used with cryptocurrency.
To celebrate the listing of Metacoin on Liquid, a 1% bonus will be available for anyone who deposits more than 1,000 MTC and a 3% bonus for anyone who deposits more than 30,000 MTC on Liquid.
Liquid and Metacoin are hosting a trading competition. The top 100 traders ranked by trading volume by December 9 will win 1,000 MTC.