Blog > Industry > Articles
The Power of Stellar USDC on Liquid Multi-chain
Table of Contents
At Liquid, interoperability between different blockchains is top of mind when building out our services. Each blockchain has its advantages depending on the use case, and it is our top priority to give users the power to choose which blockchain to use when conducting payments through Multi-Chain support.
In making Stellar USDC available to our users, interoperability on Liquid grows stronger, solving issues arising from recent spikes in blockchain fees and improving the service we provide.
What is Stellar?
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 5 million accounts and processed more than 1.5 billion total operations.
USDC is the world’s leading digital dollar currency, developed by the CENTRE consortium and issued by Circle. With the Stellar-based implementation of USDC, users have access to a digital dollar that was built for payments, enabling seamless, instant, and low-cost cross-border transactions and next-gen treasury management. USDC has seen over 1,000% year-over-year growth on Stellar and now has nearly $6B in circulation on the Stellar network.
How Stellar USDC can be used in a Multi-Chain Transaction
Thanks to Multi-Chain integration, Liquid’s users can now choose which blockchain network they want for USDC withdrawals, including Stellar. Below is an example of ERC-20 USDC deposit and Stellar USDC withdrawal.
The Use Cases for Stellar USDC
Liquid users can try Stellar USDC transactions on Liquid and take advantage of the following benefits:
Conduct faster, cheaper payments
On the Stellar blockchain, payments only take a matter of seconds to clear, and all for less than a fraction of a cent. This is a stark contrast when you compare Stellar to:
- Transactions can take up to 1-4 business days, with fees determined by the bank that initiates the transfer (generally in the range of 3 - 5%).
- While blockchain transactions have fewer intermediaries they can still take several minutes or even hours to clear depending on which chain is used. Transaction costs depend largely on the blockchain fees (e.g. Ethereum’s gas), but using Stellar USDC saves users an average of $12-15 on each transaction when compared to other networks that implement surge pricing.
Take advantage of Liquid Earn
With our latest product, Liquid Earn, there’s no need to ERC swap. Instead, you can deposit Stellar USDC using Liquid Earn that will be reflected as a single asset USDC, thus removing the need for the cross-chain bridge.
The USDC Opportunity for Our Users
We’ve been long-time fans of USDC, and we never get tired of sharing its amazing benefits. With Stellar USDC, customers can also take advantage of the following at Liquid:
- Fee-free withdrawal, meaning more opportunities to save;
- A payments-focused stablecoin that provides access to faster, cheaper, smoother rails for remittances and cross-border B2B payments;
- Multi-chain support;
- A growing alternative to USDT and other USD stablecoins for interpair trading; and
- Wallets and exchanges that support Stellar USDC.
Want to learn more about Stellar and Stellar USDC?
To learn more about Stellar and Stellar USDC, check out their page.
If you want to invest in cryptocurrency and don't know where to start - join Liquid! Founded in 2014, Liquid is one of the world's largest cryptocurrency-fiat exchange platforms serving millions of customers worldwide.